Understanding Product Liability Claims
When you purchase a product, you trust that the company that made it has taken the steps necessary to keep the public safe. When negligent companies manufacture faulty products, though, they betray that trust. Thankfully, injured people can take legal action to hold them responsible.
If a faulty or defective product caused harm to you or a loved one, Hazelton Law Group can help. From our office in Bemidji, our attorneys offer support and guidance to injured people throughout our community in northern Minnesota and help them seek the compensation they need to recover.
What Defective Products May Put People At Risk?
If the products that consumers use every day do not meet manufacturer specifications or lack correct safety precautions, the public may pay the price. Some of the products that can cause serious injuries if defective include:
- Medical devices – While these devices are intended to heal, they can seriously damage a person’s health if they are faulty. For example, defective implants like pacemakers may fail to treat a person’s condition when they need it most.
- Medications – When medications are not manufactured to the correct specifications or have incorrect labels, patients may not receive the benefits of their medication or may receive dangerously high doses.
- Motor vehicle parts – Faulty parts in a car, truck or large commercial vehicle can put both the driver and anyone else on the roadway at risk.
- Tools and machinery – Even when users take every safety precaution, defective tools and machinery put them in danger of severe injuries like electrocution.
- Appliances – Household appliances like water heaters, dryers, ranges and stoves can cause burns, electric shocks and other serious injuries if they malfunction.
- Products for children – Cribs, beds, strollers, toys end even clothing intended for children can be dangerous if manufactured incorrectly or without appropriate safety precautions.
Thankfully, people harmed by these defective products and their loved ones can take legal action to hold companies responsible and to seek fair compensation for the harm they suffer.
Holding Manufacturers Responsible For Faulty Products
If faulty products have put your health or the health of a loved one at risk, call 866-375-8085 or contact us online to discuss your case with a compassionate, skilled attorney in a free consultation.